Six Nations Police and Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) have taken a male suspect into custody after an incident with a firearm yesterday.
Shortly before 9:30 a.m. this morning police issued an update that the male suspect was taken into custody and the situation was able to be resolved peacefully with no injuries to any officers or the suspect involved.
OPP Sergeant Ed Sanchuk said that OPP Brant County and Haldimand County detachments were called into assist with the situation at around 10:30 p.m. on Nov. 30 after the suspect barricaded in a residence on Sixth Line Road and was discharging a firearm at police officers. A shelter in place was put into effect at the time for residents on Sixth Line Road between Chiefswood Road and Tuscarora Road but was lifted after the suspect was taken into custody.
Six Nations Police Constable Cody Johnson in an update before 9 a.m. on Dec. 1 said that the suspect had been firing a weapon at police officers and described the situation as being "very serious."
The incident follows a similar situation last month where police dealt with an individual who had barricaded themselves in a home and was also discharging a firearm at officers.
Police say the shelter in place has been lifted for community members on Sixth Line Road between Chiefswood Road and Tuscarora Road, but that area of roads will remain closed to the public for the time being as police continue their investigation.
CJKS will be following this story if more updates are provided.
For the full CJKS story listen below: